Sentinel - disk 2 will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

RX_Queen

The first part of the installation seems to go without problem. But after a certain time, a message will appear requesting to know the location of '001' file. Now, I know it's on disk 2, and so surely I should get a message requesting to place disk 2 in the drive? But I don't. It just asks me to browse for '001'. As I there is no way for me to communicate with my PC that the file is on the other disk, I am then forced to place disk 2 in the drive, in the hope that my PC will recognise that the file is there. But instead of installing, it just doesn't do anything, and I am forced to cancel the installation all together, and then remove any folders remaining from my hard-drive, manually.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

I don`t know much about installing Sentinel,but I would suggest that you copy 001 off the CD onto your system somewhere.Then,run the install again and browse to where you copied it to,when asked.

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated! I shall try your suggestion tonight, and tell you how it went.

Cheers X

Your suggestion worked perfectly, Peddant.

But I am going to show here the reason why I took Art History and not IT - the file 001 thing was apparently an expected part of the installation, and according to the manual I should have just directed my PC to setup, or something similar. If there is a lesson to be learnt here, it's to always look in the manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back