Series of Hard Drive Failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

Hi,
Recently I have had a series of hard drive failures. Three different hard drives have failed in the past month, two of them new. Each hard drive failed the same way, initially the MoBo would not detect the hard drive, I would then change the Sata port and it would be detected again. The hard drive would then start failing during use, as a result the computer would just reboot and I would be left with a non system disk error in bios. After that any attempt to use the hard drive fails because of many many bad sectors on the disk. What I need to know most is, what is causing the problem and is there any way to fix these bad sectors (I have used the Vista built in disk check to no avail.
cheers
Hynesy

Thanks Kimsland, I'll try those ideas now, however I just ran the Samsung Analysis Tool on my hard drive and it came up with hundreds of ERR errors and also a lot of sector errors. Is there any way to fix these errors?
cheers
Hynesy

honestly, there is no way to fix them, and a hard drive with that kind of problem is going to fail soon. I would recommend getting another brand of hard drive.

Thanks for the reply fellers, I am a little bit hesitant to replace the hard drive because this is the 3rd hard drive to have failed the same way in a very short period of time, is there any component of my PC that could be causing these issues? MoBo, PSU?

OK thanks again for the quick reply :), do you know anyway of determining which one?

Yes test with a known working PSU (or any PSU to see if there is a difference)
That's about the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back