Serious Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg2008

I've a problem with my new PC. While playing games sometimes image freezes and sound like 'slutters'. Sometimes it hepls to press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then switch back to game, but sometimes it freezes for good and i get Seriuos Error message after rebooting. Could please help me whis this. Minidumps added.

Does this issue occur outside of gaming? nv4_disp.dll was cited and this is an Nvidia display driver. Update your graphic drivers and let us know if that helps.

No, just when playing games. Interestingly i played through Call of Duty 4 single player campaign without problems, they strarted only in multiplayer. They occured repeatedly also in older games such as Thief 3. Will try new drivers. Thanks.

It would be helpful if you could list your specs in your profile including your OS. I'd like to take a look at what hardware you are running.

Did that. Thank you for your time Route44. I very much appreciate it!

I'm coming to believe the problem might be connected to the sound device because sometimes sound like "stutters" (i.e. repeats) for a moment while video keeps running ok. And when system freezes game scenes are not always complex enough to overload videocard.

I would then try updating your chipset drivers from ASUS including your onboard sound. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I installed latest drivers for sound device and it did not help either. Can those minidump files give any hint?

Try rolling back your video card drivers; that sometimes works. The minidumps cited nv4_disp.dll which is a graphics driver.

Also, when you updated your drivers did you clean out all the old graphics drivers before installing the new ones?

Route44 said:
Try rolling back your video card drivers; that sometimes works. The minidumps cited nv4_disp.dll which is a graphics driver.

Also, when you updated your drivers did you clean out all the old graphics drivers before installing the new ones?

Yes I did. About rolling back... Do you mean I should install some really old drivers or just previous version? I got problems with exactly previous one, then I installed the latest and it did not help.

I went back and re-checked your minidumps. The same graphics driver was listed and this error: 0xEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

It could be your video card itself as a hardware issue. In other words, it could be you card itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back