Serious FPS Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I am looking for some help because I recently invested in a gig of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT video card. This upgrade had no improvement on my fps which still lingers around 10-30 fps. This doesn't make sense to me so if somebody could help me that would be much appreciated. Specs: Windows XP, Int. Pentium 4 3.2GHz, Gig of Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, DirectX 9. It's a somewhat new IBM computer that should run CS Source with no problem.

Those specs belong in your user profile.

Have you installed the latest drivers?

Also, you should know that the 7300 is a low end GPU, so if you were upgrading from another low end part, then it would make sense for you not to notice much of a difference.

Thanks for your quick reply and yes I was aware that the 7300 GT was a low end part. I upgraded from a radeon 9000, which I had for over two or three years. I downloaded the latest video drive but I'm not sure if I downloaded the best driver. As far as other drivers I don't really know what I'm looking for so I'm kind of relying on someone on this forum to provide me with some answers. The only improvement I saw in my fps was when everythings calm my fps is around 50-60 but when I get in a crowd it is 10-20. WHY?????

All video-cards see a drop in framerate when there's more stuff going on on screen (even more for lower end cards). That's just how it works and there's not much you can do about it, except lower the detail settings in your game, or play at a lower resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back