Serious help, need serious answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is directed to the people that I can depend on and know what they are talking about and you are 99.99% sure you are correct.

Heres the deal, I need a video card that will speed me up high enough so i can have 1280x1024 resolution 4aa, and textures Extra on DX9 that will give me 125FPS constant on Call of Duty 2. I am willing to spend about 600-700 dollars. I also need withing that range a monitor that will be compatible with this video card and have a good resolution.

Right now I have a Nvidia Geforce 6600 and on 1024x768 resolution on dx7 will get me 80-125 fps. I am wondering also if a CRT will be better for gaming. Will two 7900GT SLI give me better FPS than one 7950GT? Will it run longer? Or should I get the 7950GT? Please be serious and don't "guess". I really don't want to waste money on something that isn't compatible. I can handle the motherboard fine. I got that covered. Please help!

The 7900 GT is a good card, but the 7950 is better. Two 7950 GT's running in SLI just barely beat out a single 8800 GTX. If you can afford it, I would go with the 7950 GT. It's a little faster card, and the prices are coming down a little bit. What are your pc specs? If you're going to spend that much on a video card, why not buy an 8800 GTX??
As far as a monitor, I've heard so many opinions that "crt is better" and lcd is better", but it comes down to how much you want to spend on those as well. I for one switched to an lcd widescreen last summer and I won't go back to crt. Too big, bulky, and if you have a good graphics card, the quality is phenominal. If you do go lcd, definitely go widescreen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back