TechSpot

Serious help, need serious answers.

By amrclutch1
Dec 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

This is directed to the people that I can depend on and know what they are talking about and you are 99.99% sure you are correct.

Heres the deal, I need a video card that will speed me up high enough so i can have 1280x1024 resolution 4aa, and textures Extra on DX9 that will give me 125FPS constant on Call of Duty 2. I am willing to spend about 600-700 dollars. I also need withing that range a monitor that will be compatible with this video card and have a good resolution.

Right now I have a Nvidia Geforce 6600 and on 1024x768 resolution on dx7 will get me 80-125 fps. I am wondering also if a CRT will be better for gaming. Will two 7900GT SLI give me better FPS than one 7950GT? Will it run longer? Or should I get the 7950GT? Please be serious and don't "guess". I really don't want to waste money on something that isn't compatible. I can handle the motherboard fine. I got that covered. Please help!

2. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

The 7900 GT is a good card, but the 7950 is better. Two 7950 GT's running in SLI just barely beat out a single 8800 GTX. If you can afford it, I would go with the 7950 GT. It's a little faster card, and the prices are coming down a little bit. What are your pc specs? If you're going to spend that much on a video card, why not buy an 8800 GTX??
    As far as a monitor, I've heard so many opinions that "crt is better" and lcd is better", but it comes down to how much you want to spend on those as well. I for one switched to an lcd widescreen last summer and I won't go back to crt. Too big, bulky, and if you have a good graphics card, the quality is phenominal. If you do go lcd, definitely go widescreen!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.