Serious problem! uninstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atma*

Okay so I was having a problem with the game so I uninstalled it. When I went to reinstall it, it said it had a problem generating assets0. I then ran my system restore to before I uninstalled it but when i logged back on the game was missing assets0. So I then ran the system restore again to before I ran it last..I undid my last restore. I went to uinstall the game. the game was on the list but when i clicked uninstall it said it cant find the uninstall program. I want to remove the game totally and install my brand new version..but it's not letting me. how can I get rid of it?

Can you try reinstalling over the old game then uninstall it? Then, of course, reinstall once you have a clean uninstall.

No I can't, it won't let me. I also can't uninstall again cause it can't seem to find the uninstallation program.

I ran the program and removed jk2 but when I put the gamedisk in it still reads as if the game i installed giving me the option to play SP or MP. There's an ''options'' tab and when I click it there's an ''uninstall'' tab. I click it and it says it couldnt find the uninstaller and to reinstall the game again. How can I install it if the game is already ''installed'' onto my system?

use a different directory

If it lets you, I suggest using a different directory when installing the game.
Access the setup via explore and not via the autorun (explore the disk and double click set up)
I had a similar problem with a failed splinter cell installation that I could NEVER get rid of.

BTW the game is Jedi knight 2 Jedi outcast.

So I did what you told me to do..I think. I entered explore, right clicked on both of the two installation icons, one after the other, and selected "Run as current username" it opened the installation but it game me a message saying "The installation engine (Ikernal.exe) could not be launched access is denied". Did I not do it correctly?

umm...

You just need to double-click on 1 installation icon - one of them won't work and the other will. You can also install via the setup icon. Please check you are installing as an administrator as well.

I swear I didn't see the installation runner last time I checked...but it's there..and I'm now back to my original problem.

66% into the installation it says

Component transfer error
Component: Game
File group: Game files
File: D:/GAMEDATA/Gamedata/base/assets0.pk3
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Then a window titled "Question" opens up and it reads "Null --- Yes? No?"

Perhaps my game disc is corupted? I've played with this disk before..uninstalled and reinstalled several times using this disk..

I guess it wouldn't hurt to clean the disc. It could have picked up some dirt, fingerprint or scratch.

I CANT belive I didn't think of that..Thank you..Thank you..it cost 30$ for the freakin cleaning thing..but i guess it was worth it. for 30$ I coulda bought two new copies of jk2..that is if i could find them..it's getting quite uncommon.
..Thank you all for your input and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back