Server rebooting from a bugcheck (BSOD)

By olalekansule
Jul 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

Could you please help me with this problem? I have got a server that keeps rebooting from a bugcheck? Find below the entry in systems log:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x862d4070). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071611-01.dmp.

I have attached the minidump.

1) What could be responsible for the problem?
    2) How do I resolve this problem?

Regards,

Ola

Attached Files:

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

If you are having multiple BSOD's then check these settings so it will save more minidumps to post back here.

Difficult to reach any real conclusion from just one minidump but, your system up time was 22 days before this one was created. Are there more dumps saved?

This dump has the bug check code of D1 which is usually caused by a driver. The only driver named is a windows driver which is very unlikely to be the actual cause.

The most likely cause is faulty memory, so remove one of the RAM sticks and see if the problem continues, if it does then put it back and take another one out. You may find the problem stops when a particular stick is removed.

If this method does not find a faulty stick then please send in at least 6 more minidumps.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.