Server Reboots and NICs show erratic behaviuor

King of Spades

We have W2K8R2 SP1 RDS in our environment and they crash after a BSOD. After they reboot their NICs start behaving erroneously. When I try to open Network & Sharing Centre and try to open any NIC's properties the Network & Sharing Centre's windows gets hanged forever. I can't do any thing to the NICs from within the OS. Domain users can't login and get stuck at applying user settings......I plug out the ethernet cables from the Server's NICs and after a couple of hours the server gets fine. I again plug in the cables and all goes well but again within a week the servers do this crashing thing again. These servers have really got on my nerves. Have carried out all the preliminary checks and troubleshooting but no luck.

I am uploading mini dump files of my 3 RDS.

Attachments

• 041013-116813-01.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 041013-79342-01.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 041013-125830-01.zip
    20 KB · Views: 1
CNG.sys= [FONT=Arial]Most likely kernel crypto framework is failing because you have bad system memory[/FONT]

Thanks for posting Tmagic650
As I mentioned earlier I have performed the preliminary checks which includes the memtest.
I forgot to mention that I have started encountering this problem on all my RDS after upgaradtion from W2K3 R2 SP1 to W2K8 R2 SP1

"As I mentioned earlier I have performed the preliminary checks which includes the memtest"... Did you run the latest version of Memtest86 (v4.20) for at least 7 passes?

What exactly is "We have W2K8R2 SP1 RDS"...

Yes used the latest memtest ver. W2K8R2 SP1 RDS is Windows Server 2008 (Enterprise) Release 2 Service Pack 1 Remote Desktop Server.

What about power issues? Do you have any new minidumps to post? How many computers are affected?

No power issues as we have a really sound power infrastructure. all servers r running fine except these 8 RDS upgraded to 2008 r2. total 8 servers r affected. will soon post new dump files.

But why this problem is coming on all of my servers after upgrading to W2K8 R2?
How to resolve this?
I am uploading dump file of my another server. These dump files are 15 in number. Hope that you may get a better clue.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    303.1 KB · Views: 1
All 15 of the minidumps are the same:
Ntoskrnl.exe
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Get in to Control Panel, System, advanced system settings, Startup and Recovery. Select small memory dump and check overwrite existing file. Un-check time to display operating systems.Turn off automatically restart while you are in there... Doing all this will speed up boot times, and stop the creation of duplicate minidumps. You say the BSOD's started after applying Windows Updates on all the 8 servers?

BSOD's started after upgrading all 8 servers from Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1 to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Try a clean Windows install on one computer without the R2 SP1 update, and see if the computer runs stable

So where does it lead me.????
Can't use R2 SP1????
Here are some more dumps....

Attachments

• Dumps.zip
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
  • dumps1.zip
    181.9 KB · Views: 1
How are "dumps.zip" and "dumps1.zip" related? Different PC's or creation age?
Dumps:
Ndis.sys
DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usbhub.sys
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

Dumps1:
Srv2.sys
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Cng.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Back