Server reboots, error 1003, minidump attached

Hi folks,

Would someone be able to help with this? The server reboots itself, I get error 1003. The minidumps folder has several files per month. Sometimes twice on the same day.

We do have an external modem which is used by some dialup banking software, and at one stage I suspected that a reboot coincided with it trying to dial.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 2/11/2010
Time: 4:08:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
Error code 0000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 d0000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80838b64.

I sure hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Mini103010-01.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than what they are designed for resulting in system crashes.

Your minidump file only cited a Windows OS drivers and these are usually too general to be of any diagnostic help.

In your next post, zip together 5 of your most recent minidumps - not including the one you already gave - in one zip file. Please don't zip each one individually.

Thanks for your help

I have attached more minidumps. There is 6 in each file. The reason I sent so many is that I noticed there are quite alot of them happening at 5.33am or 5.34am. I figure perhaps these dumps might be cuased by the same problem. They have been grouped together in a zip file.

The other zip file contains dumps that occured during the business hours period. I suspect that these crashes could be unrelated to the ones happening in the very early morning. I have grouped these together in the other zip file.

Attachments

• 530amdumps.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 1
  • businesshours.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
There is no difference between your 530am minidumps and your business hours minidumps. The same Windows OS driver is cited as the cause of your issues in all of them: serial.sys which has to do with your serial ports.

It is blocking the CONEXANT driver acfva.sys from loading. Conexant, Inc has to do with networking among other things.

My guess is that what ever is used to communicate through said serial portal and this software are either in conflict OR the hardware itself is possibly faulty.

It could also be that your Conexant software needs updating.

* I think the culprit in this case is probably the external modem.

I can't thank you enough for your help. I'm amazed!

I think I will try a USB modem (if i can find one...)

Do you think simply unplugging the serial modem would help? Or would i need to remove the serial port or modem driver as well?

Try unplugging the the modem first. If issues persist uninstall the Conexant software OR update it. Perhaps there is even a firmware update for the modem itself.

Back