TechSpot

Server timing out when trying to post...

By captaincranky
Apr 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It's 11:11 EDT. I've tried to post to two different threads, In doing so, I keep getting the error message, "Server did not respond in time, try again". So, I did exactly that. In both cases I wound up with triple posts!

While I'm here, what happened to the "rolleyes" emoticon, as that was my go to kiss off? Now you'll never be able to tell if I'm kidding or not.

Can this software be programmed to allow an OP the discretionary option to remove his or her own post?

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +333

Thanks for the note. We still have some apparent server issues that I'm afraid we're still unsure where they're coming from.

3. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

I'm not having an issue when posting, but I get the time-out error as CC stated when I try to edit a post.
    Edit (after clicking and getting the error 4 times): How about an option for the OP to request his thread to be locked after the particular request/question is solved?

4. Julio Franco

Right now?

5. Marnomancer

Since late last night. I was editing the guide, and got an error multiple times before finally the edit pop-up showed up.

6. Julio Franco

Try today and please report back. We did have some issues yesterday (Sunday).

7. Marnomancer

Working perfect now. And by perfect I mean, "as it should".
    Cheers! :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.