Server unreachable

aberhosan

I cannot get online whenever I try I get the following message in a software Update box. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter. Can anyone offer any solution please

First, are you at work on a domain? Is this at home? What server are you trying to reach? Is it a general "no internet" sort of a thing at home? Maybe more information about what you know so far would help. What operating system are you running, Windows 7? OSX?

When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter.
this is the definitive symptom, telling you its a driver issue, not dns, not a domain problem

It could be the problem is your lan card... try to fix it first... or try to add new external lancard...

Back