TechSpot

Server unreachable

By aberhosan
Apr 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I cannot get online whenever I try I get the following message in a software Update box. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter. Can anyone offer any solution please

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,514   +336

Try to update the driver

3. Dadotron

Dadotron TS Rookie

First, are you at work on a domain? Is this at home? What server are you trying to reach? Is it a general "no internet" sort of a thing at home? Maybe more information about what you know so far would help. What operating system are you running, Windows 7? OSX?

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,514   +336

this is the definitive symptom, telling you its a driver issue, not dns, not a domain problem

5. Benmar

Benmar TS Rookie Posts: 53

It could be the problem is your lan card... try to fix it first... or try to add new external lancard...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.