Service Control Manager Error 7026

Hello, everyone.

Well, I am in real strife. I am asking for help as a last resort because I just can't solve my problem alone.

My problem started a couple of days ago, and I cannot use my computer at all in normal start-up mode.

The error that is reported in the event viewer is in the title of this thread. The description accompanying the error message follows:

The following boot start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AmdK8
AvgLdx86
AvgMfx86
Fips​

In addition I am getting a blue screen STOP error 0x000000EA when I reboot normally. It reports that the problem file is nv4_disp.

I should add that I had this exact same problem a year or two ago. The solution at that time was as simple as changing some setting (or perhaps a single registry value - I can't remember). I found that solution on the Internet somewhere, and I have spent around 12 hours trying to find wherever I found it last time. My point in saying this is that, on that occasion, there was nothing wrong with my video card/display adapter (NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT) as many of the threads on the Internet regarding this problem suggest.

Can anyone please help?

nv4_disp is you graphics card driver. Go to the Nvidia site and download the latest driver and save it to your desktop.

Then go into Device Manager and under display adapters find the Nvidia card, right click on it and select uninstall, shut the windows and go back to the desktop.

Double click on the new driver and it will install.

Reboot and see how it goes.

Well, this is embarrassing. It would have been much easier to slip away unnoticed with my tail between my legs, but I figured you deserve to laugh at me after trying to help.

I recently moved house. During the move my computer must have received a bit of vibration somewhere along the line and eased the contacts between the card and the slot a little. In the end all I had to do was put a bit of pressure on the card to reseat it (no discernible movement, mind you).

Problem solved!

Thanks for your help.

Well done. Nobody will be laughing at you, that has just added another solution to the already long list of fixes for the NV4 infinite loop.

Glad you got it fixed so easily.

Back