Service Control Manager Event ID 7026

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Dimension 4700, which is about a year old to me, running Windows XP SP2.

It seems to be running great, with no problems, however, in looking around - as I do from time to time, I noticed in the Administrative Services>Event Viewer>System Log>System Error Records, the Service Control Manager Event ID 7026 error, which states: "EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1". It then lists 43 drivers (alphabetically) from abp480n5 to Vialde. I have no problems or notifications at boot or anytime during startup, so I am curious what this error message really means. Is this a problem which I really should not ignore, or is this "normal" operation, which merely records the event? I have tried to look up some of the drivers listed, but not being a "puter-genius, I have not been able to find much info that means anything to me. Besides the two drivers above, some of the other 43 are: Alilde, asc, cbidf, perc2, Sparrow, to list a few.

Since I am having no problems, I am only concerned whether this might cause some problems in the future - or, if this is a normal operating procedure, which I should continue to ignore. I will appreciate any input regarding this. Thanks.

hello,
I am running win xp sp2. Getting the following error. ID 7026: "EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED. could use some help as to cause and fix.

ancifone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back