Setting webpage as desktop item .bat file

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdcowley

Hi, I have a webpage that I want to set as a desktop item and I want to do this through a batch file, so that everyone that runs it, will have the same result.

Is there anyway I can do this. I know how to create a batch file, and do all the rest of what I need.

I'm just stuck on what command strings I would use to set the webpage as a desktop item.

any help would be great :-D

Afraid not.

I mean, i have a webpage that I want as a desktop item. So, that it is permanently on my desktop (not as another window,) so I can use the webpage as if it were on my desktop

I've set a webpage as my desktop before now - but only one I myself constructed and so I had the file on my machine.

Webpages as desktop wall paper are not as functional as the real thing, it must be said.

the webpage I have made just consists on a few buttons that when click, will open the actual page you want.

It is on a shared drive, so many people can access it.

So i want to make a batch file that will install this page as a desktop item on the desktops of all who run the .bat file

sure you dont just go right click on [desktop>properties>desktop>customise desktop>web]? or you want an installer that does that for you?

or am i just way off? :p

I think one needs a bit more programming than a batch file to mess around with Windows desktop. Unless you are in luck and someone has written a program for that, you have to do it yourself.

I wrote a program to change the wallpaper once, but that included direct modifuication of the registry and dealed only with images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back