TechSpot

Settings for my Vista laptop Monitor

By learninmypc
Oct 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Its currently set at 1280 x 800 pixels. Its 14 inch diagonal. Is that correct? TIA :)

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,849   +184

In the control panel under display. Dose it say it say 1280 x 800 is it's native display. ?

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,302   +238

4. Cobalt006

I would think this is the correct display. I keep forgetting this is vista you are running. Sorry. In my windows 7. It has a place on the left side.Once the display Icon opens. If you click adjust resolution. It will tell you what is recommend for your monitor or screen in your case. I am not sure about where this is in Vista I have not used it for a while.

5. learninmypc

Yes, I see that on my W7, but not on the Vista. I'm not having display problems just curious, thank you. :)

6. Cobalt006

Ok , I did not think you were having problems.. I figure you just wanted to know if the resolution your laptop is set is right. Most of the time windows dose set most monitors to their native resolution. So I would rather think the laptops resolution is correct.

learninmypc likes this.
  7. learninmypc

8. Cobalt006

Well you know curiosity killed the cat. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) But it is good you do wonder things like that. It helps in learning your PC.(y)

9. learninmypc

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.