Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

Can you give a description of the CD drive? Is it using IDE? If it is make the jumper settings to Primary Master then on the HDD set it to slave.

42473_cd1.gif

/edit/

It would be helpful if you specify your specs, like what is your BIOS is it AMI or others, your HDD, SATA or IDE as well as size, and also for the CD.

Based on your first post you are reinstalling XP, thus you are getting that error message.

Have you tried this one, Removing the CD drive and setting the HDD as the first Boot device on your BIOS, then boot normally?

1, 2 and 4 are being used its a lg disc compact

It starts up with primary master hard disk error press f4 to resume

auto detecting usb mass storage devices 00 usb mass storage devies foundand confgired. atapi cdrom sm hl dl st GCE 8527b\

Intel corporation D845GVSR DESKTOP BOARD
SERIAL NUMBER AZSR42217140
VA84510A.86A.0030.P10.0402160229

INTEL (R) PENTIUM (R) 4 PRCESSOR, 2A GHZ

255MB SYSTEM RAM

THE FIRST PIORTITY BOOT SETTING

all my booting devices have failed.. im usingaboot device that i took out fromanother computer sothis is the first and only piorty boot setting.

Remove the CD drive.

Boot your PC. Go to BIOS setup. Set everything to Default (something like pressing F9, or selecting Load Optimal Settings)

Now is your HDD detected?

It's not being detected.

Carefully remove the IDE and power cable of the HDD and put it again tightly. Same with the other end of the cable that connects to the board

IDE_Hard-drive_with_IDE_and_Power_cable_crop-600x485.jpg

idont know if this is related?

underadvanced > Ide Config.
IdeController : Both
PCI IDE BUS MASTER :Enabled
Hard Disk Predelay: Disabled
Primary Ide Master: Wdc ROM MODEL MAMMOTH
PRIMARY IDE SLAVE : NOT DETECTED
SEC ID MASTER AND ID SLAVE NOT DETECTED ASWELL

Don't connect the CD yet.

One at a time. HDD first. We'll deal with the CD later

refer to post #4

set the jumper to master

ok i did but i still am getting nothing no detection ireconected themtoo one more question the ide cablehas 2 outputs leading from the mother board output i used the end one not the middleone.

You can use any. Now if there is still no detection, try the other one on the motherboard.

Also try the other molex

Molex-style-power-connector.jpg

Still have problems, Try a different power supply unit and IDE cable

Back