Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

1. I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer. However, every time I try to install the software, I get this message:

I'm completely confused because I'm using a standard VGA driver. Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics.

I can't figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated.

Video Card Info:
    Video card: Visiontek 900089 Radeon 7000 Video Card (64MB, PCI, w/DVI/TV-OUT) from TigerDirect.ca @ tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6528024&CatId=696
    Software: VisionTek 6.4 Radeon / ATI

System Info:
    Windows 7
    Manufacturer: Acer
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 2.70 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 1.00 GB (895 MB usable)
    System type: 32-bit Operating System

Screenshots:
    Installation error message: i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/wandering_alice/Computer/atiproblem.jpg
    Device manager: i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/wandering_alice/Computer/Devicemanager-1.jpg
  2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.