Setupe.exe in CD drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm a new member here and I'm sorry if I'm being rude with not introducing myself first. As you might figure, I don't know much about computers. However, when a few days ago I clicked a link on MSN by accident which turned out to be a MS DOS file. I don't remember the name anymore, but it turned out that it had infected the file ctfmon.exe. I have deleted both mentioned files, but somehow it didn't feel right. I then installed Starter and saw some weird startup file; Setup.exe. This file was "set" in my CD drive, which made me very confusing. I tried to delete it through Starter but that didn't really work. It'd end up remaking itself if I placed a CD in it or it'd refuse to let Starter function if the drive wasn't reading any CDs. My friend then adviced me to see what msconfig say and it turned out the Setup file was still on the list. I unchecked it and rebooted, then after this I couldn't get back in the normal modus. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I hope this isn't too confusing as I'm not so known with these issues. ^^;

Thanks in advance.

Hi cookiie*,

The first thing that you need to do is follow all the instruction HERE eactly as they are described and post back in this thread with the three requested logs,
  • ComboFix
  • HJT and
  • AVG antispware

as attachments. (see how here)

Good luck and if you have any questions then just ask.

This thread is for the use of cookiie*only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back