Several BSOD's on a new system

Linyel

Hi, my system is only two weeks old and I've been consistently getting BSOD's when I try to boot my pc. (overall 30% of the time). I've been updating many things, while the cause of the BSOD seems to differ all the time. Today I also got a BSOD while in windows when attempting to run skyrim. I've attached all minidumps, I can't read them myself because for some reasons I cannot install the required software. I hope someone can spare some time and check them out,

sincerely

Linyel

Specs:
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
AMD Athlon II X3 455
Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM
CLUB3D Radeon HD 6770
-Windows 7 (64b)

Minidumps:

Attachments

• minidumps_linyel.zip
    159 KB · Views: 7
Sadly I've encountered another couple of BSOD's. However they seem to be caused by the same error. I've added another zip file with the latest three minidump files.

Attachments

• minidumps_two.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
All old and new minidumps are the same cause. "atikmdag.sys" is the offending driver. This is caused by your ATI video driver. Have you downloaded the latest ATI video driver from ATI/AMD's support website for your version of Windows?

You're right, I was able to install an update for my vid card : )
(was one of the first things I did though; automatically installing vid driver from the ati site :S)
I'll let you know if my problems persist, in any case, thanks alot for helping me out so far Tmagic650

Unfortunately I got another BSOD this afternoon, same one as before
I was just trying to reinstall all my vid/ati drivers. Uninstalled by add/remove and device management, after that windows automatically installed something new and I got another bsod on restart, same atikmdag.sys

Another BSOD (bccode 024 instead of 07) of fileinfo.sys occured in windows while i was installing the vid driver and now it seems I get a bsod every time I boot (still atikmdag.sys) And the screen stays black when windows does start normally even though I can hear the windows logging on sound after I enter my pw...
Woa I couldnt change my drivers in bios or safe mode but luckely i have an onboard graphic card so i booted my pc with that and reinstalled those lame ati drivers, now it works again, hopefully without BSODs (doubt it) but ill keep this updated on that!

Have you checked your memory and the C drive for errors. Nothings changed in the dumps. Still the same ATI driver and NTOSKRNL.EXE which points to memory or hard drive corruption

Ran memtest86 for nearly 9 hours last night no problems. Ive ran checkdsk two or three times so far no issues either

hey, just rebooted at least 10 times without any errors with my onboard graphics as primary...
Since my CLUB3D Radeon HD 6770 as primary gives about 40% chance to BSOD on startup its definitely significant ^^
(btw my onboard graphics = ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 )

What could this mean? I had BSOD without drivers, with older drivers and the newest driver... (frequence of bsods with different drivers seems variable) Should I try something like a furmark test?

Well I've send it back to the shop, they told me that after testing it for an extended time they found it produced artifacts, and send me a new card. However, I still get the same BSOD's when my pc starts!

Back