Several Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee1020

I have been having several problems ever since I got my Nvidia 6800 video card, and it is becoming very frusturating.. I have tried dozens of things to try to fix the issues, but nothing works.. I have the latest drivers for my video card, yet errors still occur.. First of all, I will be playing any game, and I will get a blue screen error, or I will hear a click inside my computer, and my computer will shut down against my will (I think it is my video card shtting off inside comp, but I'm not sure.. I have 2 fans so I know it isn't overheating)Second, I get weird spikes when I play any game (offline or online). When ever the screen changes quickly (explosion, quick turn of a corner) I will get a spike, I know it's not lag, my screen will freeze for maybe a second, or up to 3 secs, and that is a big problem. I know it's my video card that's creating these problems, and it is getting incredibly frusturating.. Thanks in advanced

~Banshee

It would be worth checking on the nVidia site, if you haven't already, to see if there is any information to be found. Sometimes an older driver may work better. Another thing I wouldd try is putting the old card back, if you've still got it. This may help to acertain if it is the graphics card that is the problem. The click is strange.

Another thing I wouldd try is putting the old card back, if you've still got it.
My previous card was a 64MB card that came with the machine, was terrible, I tried to make computer a gaming machine, but the Nvidia card is giving me problems.. I've gone through several versions of Nvidia drivers, but the same problem occurs with all of them.. Thinking my next card is going to be an ATI, but don't really want to think about it because I dished out $400 for this card 5 months ago, was hoping to get at least a year out of it

It's still happening.. Tried reinstalling the driver, did nothing.. Could it possibly be getting too hot in my computer? 65 degrees C too hot?

you're right. I had an ATI card that newer drivers didn't work well. The original driver worked fine. SO it could be a driver issue. Newer drivers aren't always the best ones.

That's what I thought also, but everyone I talked to said the power supply was fine. Something really odd happened to my comp today though, first it froze, then the screen went static, like the snow effect on TV for a channel you don't have.. That got me concerned.. Anyone know what the hell that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back