TechSpot

Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem

By sodens
May 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I had a problem with my laptop which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning. The weird is, it happened without a reason. because after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again, I discovered my "s", "d", "g", "h", "\", "m", " left shift", "caps lock" and "~" key did not work at all. I try taking the key off, cleaning underneath, but nothing seems to be working. After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered. So I thought my hardware is the problem. than I replace into the new one, but still having the same problem. I already waste my money buying new keyboard. Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it? Is it related to the registry. My laptop is Acer aspire 4740G, ram 4GB, processor i3 2.4GHz. I hope someone can help me to solve this problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.