Several random BSODs over the past days, W7

Vimm

Hey!

I've had alot of BSODs recently over the past few days. There been various culprits when I've ran the Windows Debugging tools and since I'm not that blessed to analyze and understand them I decided to post here.

A quick summary before I unload the dumps:

I've checked around the web alot before I decided to post here. And came by to the conclusion that it might be a memory problem. But after running Memtest with all my 3 sticks of RAM present for 20 hours straight w/o problem and 10 hours straight on each stick I was baffled and concluded to ignore the memory for the time being.
But still, it could be a memory problem.

My system is Overclocked, stable, and I run it on stock clocks and still getting the BSOD. The main culprit always seems to be ntoskrnl.exe but yesterday I got a BSOD caused by dxgmms1.sys when playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. And Chrome.exe has caused me one too...

So I've attached my dumps and I hope I've been thorough enough.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    131.5 KB · Views: 1
All minidump files only give Windows OS drivers as the probable cause and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much use for diagnostic purposes. They more point out that there is a problem rather than pointing to what the problem is.

What components have you overclocked?

All minidump files only give Windows OS drivers as the probable cause and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much use for diagnostic purposes. They more point out that there is a problem rather than pointing to what the problem is.

What components have you overclocked?

I've only OC'ed the CPU.

Ease back your overclocking on your cpu. Better yet set it at it's default GHz and tell us if you have any more BSODs.

Overclocking can cause system failures.

Ease back your overclocking on your cpu. Better yet set it at it's default GHz and tell us if you have any more BSODs.

Overclocking can cause system failures.

Hiya!

Back with some more dumps now.

Resetted everything back to STOCK. No overclock, nothing. Did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I thought all was joy until I started to play Bad Company 2.
5 minutes in it BSODs and gave me these dumps.

After doing some research online it could be either RAM, faulty PSU or even the mobo.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Though dumps only cited a Windows OS driver there was noted your VDIMM in both as well which is your voltage to your memory.

Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

Both errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Though dumps only cited a Windows OS driver there was noted your VDIMM in both as well which is your voltage to your memory.

Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

Ok, checked my bios, all the settings matched with the specifications of my RAM.
However, default settings in my bios cranks the memory frequency up to 1866MHZ with a XMP Profile (which is the designated speed it SHOULD run at). However I did not know this was present...

Does this point towards a memory issue? Gonna run Bad Company 2 now and see if it BSODs again.

Thanks

EDIT:

I removed the XMP profile. Running at 1066 mhz now.

We've seen a ton of issues here with memory voltages. Keep us updated.

15 minutes with Bad Company 2 now, no bluescreen yet. Before when the memory was at 1866mhz i bsoded twice in a row 5 minutes into my game sesssion. I will test some more, run some Linx and Prime95.

But my gut feeling tells me the memory is faulty. Almost 100% sure. Correct me if I'm wrong :p

And thanks man.
I will report back.

I know you've already run memtest but I would do so again for 7 Passes at the current settings.

I know you've already run memtest but I would do so again for 7 Passes at the current settings.

Been playing Bad Company 2 for some hours now. Not a single BSOD. Will run the RAM overclocked one stick at a time with Memtest and applications to find the faulty one(s).

EDIT:

And at stock frequencies.

Back