Sharing outlook 2007 pst files

By adambcohen
Sep 7, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is there a way to share all aspects of outlook 2007 between 3 desktops and one laptop. I have a client that is saying that is what they did in the past. The only thing I can think of is to leave a copy on the server. However they are insisting that they could share contacts as well. With that being said I thought about sharing the folder on a mapped drive, but thinking about that it may cause writing issues. Any suggestions would be great. One last thing this is a residential client.

Thanks
    Adam
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,010   +218

No, you can't 'share the pst' directly -- think about it -- (3) users saving appointments?

You can update the calendars of other users with the proper settings.
    I'm not sure, but this may require a Domain Controller environment and not just a
    Workgroup (ie simple Lan) setup.
  3. adambcohen

adambcohen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 38

outlook

That is what I thought and that is what I have reading. However, my client is saying that were able to do that and I cannot get it to them.......
    Do you have any suggestions on any 3rd party applications. Or, I set it up leaving a message on the server for 10 days.
    Any help or suggestions would be great. I know this is a weird suggestion, but this is the state I am with these people.

Thanks
    Adam
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.