Should I buy an ASUS A8N-SLI or the DELUXE or PREMIUM versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your budget and your CPU. If you have a Sempron CPU, get the deluxe model, if not, get the Premium one. It has 2 PCIeX16 slots, in case you want SLI.

Here they are so you can compare them:

DELUXE

PREMIUM

Good luck on your choice!

Many Thanks

I was just looking at a tech review and that along with wolframs help has made my choice.

Premium it is!!

I am a Newbie - first time builder.

I'll be mostly reading a lot of your threads on all subjects and will only bother the community with "HOPEFULLY" only intelligent questions.

Thanks once again, Wolfram!

For most people, I'd actually recommend the plain A8N-SLI. I have the deluxe version, and personally never use any of the extra features it includes over the plain version. Dual LAN? Don't need it. 4 SATA ports? I don't need that many.

You can save your money and get the regular A8N-SLI. It is identical to the deluxe in every other way.

The premium does have one nice difference though. It uses passive cooling on it's chipset. Personally, I love a quiet system, and think this is a good upgrade, however keep in mind that your case is going to need some good circulation if you use this motherboard.

Good luck!

DonNagual said:
The premium does have one nice difference though. It uses passive cooling on it's chipset. Personally, I love a quiet system, and think this is a good upgrade, however keep in mind that your case is going to need some good circulation if you use this motherboard.

I agree with him. I hope you have good ventilation on your case, and you want to build a silent system go for it!

I´m glad we could help you! If you have any problems with your new machine, let us know and we´ll do our best to help you.

Good luck! :wave:

Thanks Again, gentlemen!

I most definitely will be back with questions as time goes by and my system comes together, once again thank you both.

Aing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back