TechSpot

Should I buy computer glasses?

By deizash
Jan 31, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I experience a mild eyestrain from gaming for a long time or coding all day. Should I purchase computer glasses? Do they help? I am considering GAMMA RAY FLEXLITE GR003-C1 Computer Reading, which are quite cheap and Gunnar optiks, which are expensive. How is Gunnar optiks better than the other glasses and is it worth it? Any other suggestions are welcome.

2. ssamhouu

ssamhouu TS Rookie

Good question! I've been wondering the same thing. I think Steelseries also make these so called "gaming" glasses.

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Staples has computer glasses.

4. joe159540

joe159540 TS Member Posts: 25

Gaming glasses pretty much translate the blue lights from the Monitor into orange. Blue likes kill a hormone that helps you sleep ( I dont know what its called) and orange increases growth of it.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

Does your room have good lighting? If the surrounding area around the monitor is dark, your eyes will not adjust properly. The excessive brightness from the monitor will be too much when your eyes are conditioned to the darker surroundings. Having a lamp (bright not dim) next to your machine can help tremendously.

6. deizash

deizash TS Rookie Topic Starter

It does have good lighting but my eyes still hurt after playing games. @joe159540 Thanks for the reply, I'm definitely gonna try them.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

Asking forum members for health tips is dodgy at best, you should consult your optometrist/physician instead, he's far more qualified to advise you, you could have some underlying causes pertaining to your eyestrain.

nickc and cliffordcooley like this.