Zuckerberg and Meta set to purchase 350,000 Nvidia H100 GPUs by the end of 2024

Jimmy2x

Staff
Forward-looking: A recent Instagram post from Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the company's plans to invest heavily in Nvidia hardware and other AI initiatives by the end of 2024. Zuckerberg outlined Meta's intent to intensify efforts for an open-source artificial general intelligence capable of supporting everything from productivity and development to wearable technologies and AI-powered assistants.

Zuckerberg highlighted Meta's upcoming infrastructure investment, stating that the company will acquire around 350,000 Nvidia H100 units, or approximately 600,000 H100 equivalents when including other planned GPU purchases. In case you were wondering – that's a lot of compute power.

According to market analysis company Omdia, last year's H100 orders were dominated by Meta and Microsoft, both of which individually purchased more units than Google, Amazon, and Oracle combined. Adding another 350,000 units will undoubtedly allow Meta to remain one of Nvidia's biggest customers.

Zuckerberg says Meta's AI infrastructure investment is required to build a complete artificial general intelligence (AGI) capable of providing reasoning, planning, coding, and other abilities to researchers, creators, and consumers around the world.

The company intends to "responsibly" develop the new AI model as an open-source product, ensuring the highest levels of availability to users and organizations of all sizes.

The high demand for the H100 has resulted in long lead times that could put some companies awaiting fulfillment behind their competition. Omdia reports that Nvidia H100 order lead times have ranged from 36 to 52 months due to the increasing demand for cutting-edge AI hardware.

The increase in computing power and processing speed is the biggest driver for Meta and other companies looking to procure the AI resource. According to Nvidia, the H100 with InfiniBand Interconnect is up to 30 times faster than the Nvidia A100 in mainstream AI and high-performance computing (HPC) models.

The units also feature three times the IEEE FP64 and FP32 processing rates when compared to the previous A100. The increase is attributed to better clock-for-clock performance per streaming multiprocessor (SM), additional SM counts, and higher clock speeds.

Near the end of the post, Zuckerberg discussed the growing need for wearable devices that will allow users to interact with the Metaverse throughout their day. He said that glasses are the "...ideal form factor for letting an AI see what you see, hear what you hear, so it's always available to help out."

To no surprise, the statement walked directly into a plug for Ray-Ban's Meta-enabled smart glasses.

At $30,000 to $40,000 per GPU, the investment in the H100 is no small move and is one that makes Meta's intentions to advance its AI capabilities abundantly clear. It doesn't just want to exist in the AI space, it wants to lead the charge for future AI innovation.

Permalink to story.

"Zuckerberg discussed the growing need for wearable devices that will allow users to interact with the Metaverse throughout their day." Growing need for wearable devices? What universe is this guys living in? I guess it's wishful thinking on his part or maybe he thinks he's Steve Jobs and has a reality distortion field. Zucky can buy all the GPUs in the world and it won't make a lick of difference. His "metaverse" nonsense is going nowhere full speed in reverse.

Good to see some are catching on.

I called this a while ago AI brainwashing people to commit suicide, start wars ,divorcing etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-56-16 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-56-16 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    272.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-34 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-34 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    311.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-58 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-58 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    817 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sad.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-56-16 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-56-16 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    272.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-58 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-58 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    817 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-34 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 14-52-34 (2976) TENSE Josh Hawley Grills Witness About Section 230 An...png
    311.7 KB · Views: 2
Zuckerberg's Beaker d-ckhead face is a real turn-off for me. I imagine it took a dedicated hardcore gold-digger to marry him.

Have fun in Hawaii, d-ckhead!

d645ec083be187b84eaa915966483d33.gif

Good to see some are catching on.

I called this a while ago AI brainwashing people to commit suicide, start wars ,divorcing etc.
Not going to watch or listen to anything Josh Hawley has to say. That douche is an absolute and total fraud. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a big fat lie. He's an Alex Jones caliber liar. He went to Stanford and Yale, so he's part of the rich "elite" he claims to hate so much. The only people who believe anything he says are Fox News viewers who have already been brainwashed through a steady diet of lies and propaganda.

Not going to watch or listen to anything Josh Hawley has to say. That douche is an absolute and total fraud. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a big fat lie. He's an Alex Jones caliber liar. He went to Stanford and Yale, so he's part of the rich "elite" he claims to hate so much. The only people who believe anything he says are Fox News viewers who have already been brainwashed through a steady diet of lies and propaganda.

Maybe you should watch this video, parents are coming forward saying AI chat bots are telling kids to "off themselves". I kind of agree with FOX news but they proved the laptop was real ( and many other things like China buying farm land and opening up Chinese police stations and illegal COVID testing labs in Reedley, The border wall,FBI working for TWITTER at the time, Zuckerbeg issues, Hawaii fires lie, BALTOPS22 pipeline sabotage, Biden depleting our oil reserves etc...) Also may I add the famous interview with the computer repairman that owned the PC repair business that expose Hunters laptop. Fox also were the first to report THE SOUND OF FREEDOM while CNN and MSNBC didn't report about it till way later on and actually bashing the movie and protecting the Hollywood and elite peds. Did you see CNN and MSNBC tell their viewers they won't show Trump's speech from 2 nights ago and him wanting unity and stopping these wars? He states both sides need to work together but your news agencies want to keep us divided. It's disgusting how they treat their viewers like children. Australia has noticed this again and did a nice report on censorship in our country. All these years the media was exposed and losing so many users and downsizing is the karma deserve. The video I posted is real life, why judge it without watching it? Sorry for the rant, I will end it here.

The word "responsibility" to FB and alike means to get approval from the people only to renege it's responsibility once the hype has settled and things are running smoothly.

So the guy that buys burnt land from Hawaii and also built a bunker and lives near Oprah, Obama, and worked with the F B I, Gates, WEF/WHO we shouldn't be worried? We should keep an eye on him in my opinion.
He already has eyes on us; for 3 letter agencies

It would be FAR cheaper to let someone else pay the BILLIONS, maybe Trillions, to develop AI and then rent it from them to do your thing.

Back