Should I buy this computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to last thread, I decide not to buy that computer and try "researching" some more when I come across this computer: HP Pavilion P6230Y NY549AAR AMD Phenom II Refurbished Desktop PC - Black from amazon. I read reviews stating that it's a good computer for that kind of cost and that it could run "Left 4 Dead 2"

Here is the spec:
-2.6GHz AMD Phenom II Quad(X4 810) processor
-8GB Of Memory (upgradable to 16GB)
-750GB Hard drive
-DDR3 memory (this is twice as fast as computers that have DDR2, thus enabling higher bus rates and higher peak rates of data)
- Windows 7 (newest operating system for PC)
- Radeon HD 4200

Do you think it will be fast when opening windows and it's a guartee that it will not run really nicely if opened too many windows? And of course, will it be able to run any "real" games?

How much does it cost?
-DDR3 memory (this is twice as fast as computers that have DDR2, thus enabling higher bus rates and higher peak rates of data)
No its not thats lying?

Decent processor, but putting 8gb into that is a total waste of money, theres no reason for that.
As for the graphics card, its marginally better than the previous one, but not significantly.

Do you think it will be fast when opening windows
This is mostly dependent on the hard drive, there isn't too much you could do to improve that without spending lots of money.

And of course, will it be able to run any "real" games?

Seeing that this system has only integrated graphics (Radeon HD 4200), the answer is NO.

As HK asked, how much does that system cost?

WB Deth :wave:

Could you please answer a few questions for us here so we can HELP you better? You seem to be looking for something that can be gamed on properly and the PC's you are listing are unfortunately not good enough without upgrades. While yes they can RUN the game it wont be at there potential.

So is this the main reason you want a new PC so that you can game (eg L4D2, Sims 2, COD - MW2 etc)? What kind of budget are you looking at for a new PC? Does this budget include a monitor or do you plan on reusing your OLD one? What resolution does your old monitor support?

Also are you comfortable NOT buying from HP or Dell? While they may be huge vendors, when it comes to gaming they suck. Buying from them usually means lacking a dedicated video card (important for gaming) unless you purchase one of there overpriced gaming machines. We could give you suggestions on alternatives like iBuyPower. If you are deadset on buying from HP are you comfortable with installing your OWN video card? While at first it may seem intimidating, it really isn't and you'd be surprised HOW easy it is! Check out this ATi how-to video to give you an idea.

Bottom line we need MORE information to be as helpful as possible :D .

I am sorry about not giving enough information....But this computer cost about $479.99. I am not really worried much about "real" games, but more worried about the speed of this computer.

Or maybe you can link me to a computer which is fairly good on iBuyComputer or other sites? (Bestbuy, Walmart, blah)

Quote:

No its not thats lying?

that in itself is true. DDR3 does have the ability to transfer at twice the data rate....just don't expect that your system will be twice as fast.

But this computer cost about $479.99. I am not really worried much about "real" games, but more worried about the speed of this computer.
The speed of the PC is fine. However, you could build yourself a decent machine (which would be able to play most games) within $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back