TechSpot

Should I get a new DVD burner?

By lhk890419
May 27, 2008
  1. I've been using my stock DVD burner for 3 years now and I burn a lot of data DVDs. A few weeks ago, Nero 8 kept giving me a burn process fail errors. I got a new DVD burning software after that and it worked for 1 month. Then it kept spitting out corrupted data DVDs and so I got another software called Burn4Free yesterday. Then the same thing happened today and it kept giving me corrupted DVDs. Is my DVD burner getting too old or is it something else? Did this similar thing happened to you, too?

Edit: I know this is a hardware forum but can you guys recommend me a good DVD data burning software? I've used Nero 8, CDBurnerXP, and Burn4Free and they give me corrupted disks.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

Odds are, your optical drive is on it's way out the door...

3. lhk890419

lhk890419 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Darn, I guess I'll just have to buy a new one. I didn't want to add anymore parts to my aging computer but I guess I have no choice...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.