Should I just pay someone to get my build up and running?

LambofGod

This is my first build...

Now don't get me wrong. I am really considering having someone else take my components and do the "building" part for me,but im kind of fishing for confidence/guidance to do it my self to save money and gain experience doing it on my own.

I have bought my parts in two separate orders,now this Wednesday will have every thing here to get up and running all but the video card.

It's not the hardware part that is making me worried,im plenty confidant with a screw driver and electricity as well as far as taking care of buisness with wire management and air flow,but the software,BIOS,the first boot and the possible troubleshoot with those aspects has me biting my nails.

Even if everything I bought gives me no trouble at all and boots up perfectly I am finicky about getting every thing fully optimized and running smoothly and stable ,because I have never seen a bios,and I have never seen a PC minus a windows varient.

On the otherside of "a perfect world" if I have DOA parts and this thing doesnt power on im going to be in cold sweat getting it taken care of...mind you I have till the 27th till my first order ($450) falls out of Newegg's 30 day policy.

Do you know anyone who could help guide you while you put the computer to gather. This would let you do it your self. Plus you would learn from it. Plus keep you from falling out of the dead line on your parts. If not you should be able to do it your self. You can always post here if you run into a problem. There are a lot of good people here who know there stuff that will help.

I have holidays coming up and nothing to do, so If you want me to help you I'd be happy to skype-talk you through it.

There's plenty of videos on Youtube on how to put a computer together, just make sure you plug everything in the right place and all the components are getting power. When it comes to installing Windows all you have to do is to put the disc in the DVD drive and change the boot priority to DVD in the BIOS - again there's plenty of online guides and it's going to be in your motherboard manual anyway.

It's definitely worth putting it together yourself for the learning experience, once you're familiar with the components in a computer it's just like putting lego together.

Thanks every one. I actually was looking through tons of videos and some various websites but had trouble truly grasping...however the good news is last night I watched the one from newegg and that helped me a lot! . It was vary thorough and went into every step including bios and windows 7 and he used the same aftermatket cooler I have as well as my case. At this point I feel much more comfortable so as long as nothing gets quirky and does what it's supposed to if anything doesnt work right I Will be sure to post here any odd ball issues if any. Thank you Xylant that's a very generous offer

Thanks every one. I actually was looking through tons of videos and some various websites but had trouble truly grasping...however the good news is last night I watched the one from newegg and that helped me a lot! . It was vary thorough and went into every step including bios and windows 7 and he used the same aftermatket cooler I have as well as my case. At this point I feel much more comfortable so as long as nothing gets quirky and does what it's supposed to if anything doesnt work right I Will be sure to post here any odd ball issues if any. Thank you Xylant that's a very generous offer

(y)

Back