Should I remove F-Secure?

learninmypc

I ran my PSI Secunia update program the other day & this is the results.
F-Secure.jpg

Does it need to be removed or not?

If it is not being supported by the supplier I say yes. I would ask them directly what is the situation; perhaps they have user forums that could lend more light.

BackWeb is an updater that is used by many programs> Kodak software Logitech,Western Digital, plus others.

It is considered Foistware as it is installed without your knowledge or permission. Full information HERE.

If you want to keep F-Secure, perhaps you can remove the BackWeb related entries. Removal instruction is given on the link.

As of this post, I've emailed F-Secure because I couldn't find a forum link on their website, still waiting for a reply.
To the best of my knowledge, I didn't download/install any F-Secure product.
This computer is 2nd hand. My best friend gave it to me & I believe he had some Kodak stuff on here.
As long as its not an infection or something bad, I'll just forget about it but will check out your info Bobbye & thanks. You guys/gals are awesome.(y) :)

Just an FYI about F-Secure> if you have Comcast as the ISP, they offer free security and some if from F-Secure.

F-Secure is a legitimate antivirus, computer security and computer software company based in Helsinki, Finland. They offer :
http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_us/home

From F-Secure:
The processes in F-Secure for BackWeb are iadhide.dll or iadhide3.dll. You can control iadhide.dll on your system by removing the "F-Secure BackWeb" component.

I believe I have Verizon here, but not sure. I know that may sound odd, but its automatically included.
For security,I have SAS,Mbam,Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster & Comodo AV & Firewall.

Back