Should I remove F-Secure?

By learninmypc
Aug 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I ran my PSI Secunia update program the other day & this is the results.
    [​IMG]

Does it need to be removed or not?
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

If it is not being supported by the supplier I say yes. I would ask them directly what is the situation; perhaps they have user forums that could lend more light.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Topic Starter Posts: 4,558   +184

Ok, I'll give it a shot.
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

BackWeb is an updater that is used by many programs> Kodak software Logitech,Western Digital, plus others.

It is considered Foistware as it is installed without your knowledge or permission. Full information HERE.

If you want to keep F-Secure, perhaps you can remove the BackWeb related entries. Removal instruction is given on the link.
  5. learninmypc

As of this post, I've emailed F-Secure because I couldn't find a forum link on their website, still waiting for a reply.
    To the best of my knowledge, I didn't download/install any F-Secure product.
    This computer is 2nd hand. My best friend gave it to me & I believe he had some Kodak stuff on here.
    As long as its not an infection or something bad, I'll just forget about it but will check out your info Bobbye & thanks. You guys/gals are awesome.(y) :)
  6. Bobbye

Just an FYI about F-Secure> if you have Comcast as the ISP, they offer free security and some if from F-Secure.

F-Secure is a legitimate antivirus, computer security and computer software company based in Helsinki, Finland. They offer :
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_us/home

From F-Secure:
  7. learninmypc

I believe I have Verizon here, but not sure. I know that may sound odd, but its automatically included.
    For security,I have SAS,Mbam,Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster & Comodo AV & Firewall.
  8. Bobbye

9. learninmypc

10. Bobbye

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.