Should I upgrade

Hello all!

I am at a lost I am not new to computers been around the block a few times. What I would like to know in you humble opinion would it be worth my time and money to upgrade to a FX8120? I already have the AMD Phenom II x6 1100T on a Asus M5A97 motherboard with 16 gigs of Cosiar XMS memory and a GTX670 Graphics Card. I am running 100+ fps in guild wars II during beta teat week and at 80- or so fps in rift. I Just built this system in November 2011 The card is brand new. Thanks for your time

It would be a waste of money. Keep the 1100T, its a solid processor. If you want to spend some money for a upgrade. I would look at the new Intel chips. But if you were to go that route. It would require a new board. So, I think you should just stay where you are at right now. Keep the 1100T and just save the cash for the future.

It would be a waste of money. Keep the 1100T, its a solid processor. If you want to spend some money for a upgrade. I would look at the new Intel chips. But if you were to go that route. It would require a new board. So, I think you should just stay where you are at right now. Keep the 1100T and just save the cash for the future.

as he said if your getting that 60-100 fps your all fine if it doesnt start hitting to -30 fps its not even a problem that pc will be good for another 2-3 years for me just stay with it and invest in some intel cpus the new intel chips seem pretty good but by next year the next generation will outrate them so just wait abit more ;)

Back