Should you wait till Windows 8 to build a new computer?

techanswers1

My question is that my cousin is building his own computer and he has all the parts (motherboard, cpu, ram, etc.) but he is considering not to wait till windows 8 since he already has all his parts he doesn't want to wait till late 2012 to build his computer so what should I tell him?

Tell him to go ahead and build it with windows 7. Even after windows 8 is released, not much will change for the desktop OS. We got to see a demo of windows 8 in my Windows OS class and frankly, it looks a lot like windows 7. It seems like 8 is going to be more of a tablet OS and just have minor changes and tweaks on the desktop.

Windows 8 is going to be a completely different OS to those before it. Visually it has been completely redesigned using the Metro interface. However, Microsoft have already confirmed that any computer able to run the full W7 experience will be able to run Windows 8 from its launch.

Microsoft will be releasing Windows 8 around September time, onwards. It will most likely be on store shelves for Christmas.

One other thing to consider is if those PC parts are new, he'll want to assemble the PC sooner rather than later. The warranty period is ticking now and if there are any defective parts, it will be better to find out early.

Back