Showing subtitles for only foreign languages

By Dalton
Nov 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Not sure if this would be a good place to ask this but when I play or burn movies with subtitles it shows them even on the English language and would like for them to only show on foreign languages. Is there a way to change this?
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,383   +607

There should be a setting on your media player to enable or disable subtitles.
  3. Dalton

Dalton Topic Starter

Sorry but what I meant was to show subtitles but only when there is a foreign language being spoken so they don't show up for the English language as well or are they all supposed to be like that?
  4. St1ckM4n

Those subtitles are built-in into the actual video. It depends on the movie, really.

And, also depends on what you mean by 'burning' movies.. Techspot and piracy don't mix, so if your question relates to that, leave it be. :)
  5. Dalton

Dalton Topic Starter

Well mainly for when I watch the movies in VLC but I don't want to disable them completely just only show them for the different languages so there not always coming up for english to.
  6. St1ckM4n

I'm not sure of a way to do that. I find it varies by the movie (as I said before).
  7. Dalton

Dalton Topic Starter

Ok thanks.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.