Shutdown it will not young jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
right i have re case the pc and not replaced anything other than case and psu. and windows shuts down but the light is still green on tft and fans still spin, i have tryied a different psu and still the same, any other ideas. please go steady i am a noob here

Cheers :giddy:

All I can think of is to check your front panel connectors, Young Jedi!

What Operating System?

You might have reset the BIOS!

Do you know what motherboard you have so we can take a look?

May the force be with you :darth:

sorry i was away the other day i have just re cased the whole internals of an old pc which shut down fine before so only the case and psu are new.
I have tried a new psu and still fails to shut down.
i have an Aopen Ak33 board running 256MB ram a maxtor 20Gb hdd and a Sony DVD-r, and netgear wireless card.

These are the things i have tried so far.
new psu
only basic connected (hdd mem and video)= still fails to shut down.
tried new power switch lead thing+ still no shutdown.
ghosted hdd and tried a fuji :( still no luck
reset bios(not flashed) still no luck

i am now running short on ideas is it possible that its the case as this is the only thing thats new. I need help quick before it goes out of a window :knock:

CHEERS

Only thing I can think of is mobo failure. Windows sends a signal to mobo and then mobo sends this to PSU to shut down. When moving everything to new case, something got damaged. Check mobo manual for any jumpers you might have knocked off. Make sure your case power switch leads are connected correctly.

i have only the power switch connected and i have tried a different one, also i have switched the pc then pulled it out and it still makes no difference. its a odd one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back