TechSpot

Shuttle releases two new high performance compact desktops

By Matthew
Jul 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Shuttle has introduced two new desktops to its pantheon of bite-sized performance machines today. Aimed at gamers and professionals, the H7 5800G Pro and H7 5800P Pro are comparably sized…

Read the whole story

2. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

It's just not worth it for it to be compact, you don't expect to move a desktop anyway and if you are moving it a-lot than a laptop is a better choice.

3. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Why buy something with a previous generation i7 when you can go for the latest chips in other product that will be a lot cheaper?

4. Vicenarian

Vicenarian TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +9

Yeah a 2600K based system would be cheaper, faster, and run cooler.

5. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Because from the time they start to plan it, produce it and ship it; they just take too much time to stay in the top ranks, besides any retail PC is generally overpriced, my Gaming ring cost me around $1100 whit a 930 i7 overclocked beyond that 950 a 5770 (that was the vest price/performance at that time, rank 7 if i remember well) and not considering that my 9GB 1.6GHz DDR3 was bought when it was rather very expensive :(

We all know that is more easy and cheaper to build your own gaming ring, i had been doing that in my shop for quite a time and still kicking retailers.

6. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

It might be cheaper but I doubt that it is correct to say it is "easier" because you need to do all the work (hard or not) yourself...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.