Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen

zag1402

hi i got a Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen at the boot sale it powers up i get a green light on the motherboard and a beep sounds like its going to start but no video output to the monitor ???????
is it my graphics chip or am i mising something

yes i did that as you do need to connect to an external monitor anyway its not a laptop ??
its a small system tower
just not getting vided out

Why did I think that was a laptop:eek:

Sorry about that, can you check the monitor on another PC to be quite certain that it is fully functional.

If it is, then I would think it is highly likely that your graphics card is faulty. Is it on board graphics? in which case fitting a card might get the video back. And if it is a card try the onboard graphics (if there is any). Try to borrow a card if you can just for testing.

Take a look in Device Manager and see if there are any yellow tringles or '?' next to Display Adapters. If not then right click on the adapter, select properties and then the driver tab, click on uninstall to remove the device. Reboot and windows should reinstall the drivers. Check to see if the picure is back.

If there are yellow warnings next to the adapter, right click on it and select properties. Then see what is reported under the General tab.

lol that is ok
yes the monitor is ok and i did try tv out to that did not work
the thing is i am not getting the boot/bios on screen so as much as i would like to try
the other bits on your post i can't as i am not getting into windows
damn this i was going to set it up as a tevo like box
best laid plans a .............

I must have been half asleep when I wrote my last post, suggesting things you can't possibly do without a visible screen.

Anyway, it sounds like your graphics output has completely failed.

Does it use a graphics card or is it onboard?

Could you borrow a graphics card from someone just to see if you can get a picture from it?

In your first post you say it sounds like it is starting up OK, does it stay on until you turn it off?

Its a long shot, but if you have more than one memory stick try starting with just one fitted and then if no change swap the sticks.

Back