Shuttle unveils two compact barebones Sandy Bridge systems

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Shuttle has announced two new barebones machines based on Intel's Sandy Bridge platform: the XPC Barebone SH67H3 and SH67H7. The difference between each model mostly boils down to aesthetics. "The H3 design is more traditional and all connectors are directly available. The H7 on the other hand has a more elegant look and all connectors are elegantly hidden from view behind drive doors," explains Shuttle.

Besides the varying front panel designs, the machines appear to have identical specification sheets. Both ship with an H67 motherboard that supports Core i3, i5 and i7 with a TDP of up to 95W -- though a processor isn't included. The board also features four slots for DDR3 RAM, one PCIe x16 and x1 slot, a Mini-PCIe x1 slot for an optional WLAN module, as well as two internal SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 3.0 (6Gb/s) ports.

The rear panel features an eSATA 2.0 port, HDMI 1.4a and DVI-I outputs, four USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports, gigabit Ethernet, eight-channel audio, optical S/PDIF, an optional RS-232 Serial connector, and a clear CMOS button. Meanwhile, the front carries audio jacks, two USB 3.0 ports, an eSATA/USB 2.0 combo, along with one external 5.25 and 3.5-inch drive bay (there's room for a single 3.5-inch storage drive inside).

Shuttle notes that the PCIe x16 slot can accommodate dual-slot graphics cards if the IGP isn't powerful enough, but both machines come with a 300W power supply with one six-pin connector so your options are limited. Other noteworthy features include preinstalled power and data cables, and Shuttle's "I.C.E. heatpipe" CPU cooler. The SH67H3 and SH67H7 are due to launch in Europe next month for €239 and €251.

Permalink to story.

If these had been out a little earlier (with the fault :p ) I'd have been tempted. My last two PCs were Shuttles. So small compared to my current mid tower case.

Where are the AMD products?!

ZOTOC already has products listed for the small form factor PCs that will directly compete with Atom and Ion combinations and I hear they are very competitive in regard to processing performace, graphics power, and power consumption.

Wherefore art thou AMD products Shuttle?! Where!?

Back