Sim City 4: Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am trying to install the game onto my PC, i have got passed the serial screen however when it starts the installation the error occurs:

"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'I:\Plugins\BAckground3D0.png' from media" !Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?"

Can anyone help?

I don't know if it will help but can you give your system specifications?

I think its to do with Windows 7 but here are my specs:

Win 7 64 bit
Intel Core Duo 3.0
4gb RAM
Geforce 9600 GT
60gb partition 30gb free

Is it just this game you have trouble installing or do you have problems installing other programs or games from CDs? I'm thinking that perhaps the CD drive might be faulty.

mailpup had the right idea about system specs. Sim City 4 was designed for Windows XP/ME/2000/98 in the heyday of DirectX 7.

If you do a websearch you'll find a number of posts about people trying to get this to run in Windows 7 64 but with little success. However, see this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137390.html Even Vista has issues.

There is talk of a patch but whether or not EA will release an official one for the latest OS is doubtful. I did see that EA has released the Sim Box containing Sim City releases including 4. Perhaps they coded for the newer hardware and operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back