Simple equalizer software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeve

i recently installed a creative soundblaster 5.1 on an asus K8V mobo running XP. it does a good job but i miss the equalizer that came with the original Realtek on-board sound.

is there some simple equalizer software that can take the place of the creative mixer, or maybe be placed between the mixer and the speakers?

I'm sure Creative Labs has some kind of audio utility available to download. I know my X-Fi came with all kinds of extra software in addition to the drivers. There are also media players, such as Nullsoft Winamp, that feature simple EQ functionality... if you are only looking to mix music.

true i do have some good creative software...what i want is some way to tweak default sound quality...say if i am playing a you tube video...not so much if i am playing music on my comp...

You could try searching in the downloads section of the site for something to use... there's a lot of free apps out there. I'm afraid I don't have anything to recommend directly, the only audio tools I tend to use are the ones that are supplied with the actual sound cards themselves. I'm sure there are other solutions but I'm sure you could find what you are looking for in a Creative software suite.

hey, thanks. i will check out the downloads section and also have a better look at the software provided by creative

I tried some program called WebEQ a long time ago and it worked pretty well. You could give it a try. They have a free trial.

thanks for that link...it seems to be just what i need

have installed it but so far i haven't succeeded in getting it to produce any change in my audio.

blaze audio have a cool audio tester which i have run and sent the results to them. will wait and see...

i haven't succeeded in getting it to produce any change in my audio.

not altogether true

the program works very well for music and video on my computer and for online music through my browser...but not for online video eg you tube

any ideas about this?

ok, the story goes on

i was using IE6...when i use firefox the equaliser does work for streaming video. great!

but now a new problem...whether the equaliser is on or not, the video sound is pretty horrible...distorted and with a lot of clicking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back