Simple? ICO/CUR/ANI icons not showing in List View.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugsy

This *should* be easy to fix, but I'm finding nothing.

I tried installing a "view everything" app on my XP-Pro machine, which associated itself with about two dozen file-types. When I discovered that instead of showing a tiny preview of all my CURsor and ICOn files in "List View", they were all now showing the same graphic, I uninstalled the program, but the default view did not return (if I use "thumbnail" view, they are fine, but I want to be able to preview my icons in "List View").

I don't want to do a "System Restore" because my last Restore Point is too long ago (yesterday), and I've added new hardware since then (unrelated to this issue).

I tried doing a "Repair Icons" from "Tweak UI", but all that did was refresh my *desktop* icons. Checking "File Types" in Explorer shows that the files are (correctly) not associated with any program (as it should be), yet they are all showing the same default icon.

How do I get my ICO/CUR/ANI files to show properly again in "List View" again? Anyone?

Not going down that route.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not about to go down that route for such a minor "problem".

The chances of turning a small problem into a big one goes up exponentially when you start messing with the Windows installation.

I'm sure there's just a Registry key that needs to be deleted or changed to fix this. Thanks though.

This repair procedure is safe. You are much more likely to screw something up by editing the Registry than by doing this XP Repair... Don't be a fool, try it before editing.

Are you trying to tell me that you don't have an XP CD handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back