TechSpot

Sims 2 DirectX problems, APG texture not available

By ally014
Nov 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. IGNORE! It's been solved.

My computer is kind of old but has worked perfectly fine with Sims 2 until I reformatted it the night before last. Everything works fine at least until I checked the DirectX Diagnostic test.
    NOTE: Sims 2 has worked perfectly fine on my computer before. I had to reformat my computer and uninstall sims 2 because I downloaded a bad Custom Content that messed it up. It should work because I know I have suitable system requirements. And I also noticed my stdole.tlb file was missing... if that helps with my situation..?
    My Computer information:
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    version 2002
    service pack 3
    Intel(R) Pentium(R)
    3 CPU
    3.00GHz 2.99GHz, 504MB of RAM

Adapter type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    Adapter Info: Chip Type Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, DAC Type Internal, Memory Size 96 MB, Adapter String Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

Any other info needed?
    EDIT: I had to reformat it again because there was an error, so now everything works fine, but all features are not available.
    PLEASE HELP. <3

if you need anymore information let me know, just please help me. <3

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.