Sims 2 Double Deluxe won't install

I bought Sims 2 Double Deluxe and my DVD-Rom is not recognizing their is a disc at all...I have all other expansion packs and they are recognized correctly and perform full installation using their auto run features. I have tried to rename my Install Shield, updated DVD-ROM drivers, confirmed that I have all the system requirements and still nothing...HELP!!!!

Check the back of the disc and see what happens when you double click the disc drive in My Computer.

DUH!!!!

Uh...well, I would think u would have understood from my question that I obviously did research on the issue & the best u can do is ask if I checked the disc (assuming u were referring to scratches or debris) & double clicking the disc drive...can a REAL tech help me?

You should understand that everyone here is an unpaid volunteer who tries to help people with their computer related problems out of the kindness of his or her heart.

We cannot assume that you did anything unless you specifically mention it. Plenty of people overlook the obvious and it doesn't hurt to ask. Well, it doesn't unless you get kicked in the teeth for having the temerity to try to help you.

Your winning attitude and sense of entitlement will not serve you well in these forums.

Hi, my name's Tatiana. Because computers are always updating and being made better, not all games are updated frequently. Sims 3 is always being patched and updated because it is considered a "newer" game. Sims 2 on the other hand is not. To be able to install the Sims 2 all you need is enough room on your hardrive and the cds.

1. Go to 'My Computer' and make a new file.
2. Label the new file as DISC IMAGES Make sure there is a space between DISC IMAGES and that it is in capital letters.
3. Next, open DISC IMAGES and make folders Disc1 Disc2 Disc3 and Disc4. Make sure the D is capital and that there are no spaces between Disc and the number.
4. Here's the tricky part that can get confusing. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After you have your folders set up, you are going to put Disc 1. Open 'My Computer' again and another window should pop up.
5. Open the first disk by right clicking it and click OPEN. Copy all the files except for the one that says 'compressed', just leave it be for right now. (right click on each one or highlight them all and right click COPY).
6. Next, you are going to go back to your folder named Disc1 and past all the files into the folder.
7. Go back to the Disc 1 where you copied the files from and open up the compressed files, go into the TSdata and copy the file that's in there.
8. Go to your Disc1 folder and open the TSdata folder that has been already copied and paste in there. I think there should be a folder called 'control' in there already or 'sound' it depends on whatever CD you have.

--YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GET LUCKY HERE--

There are two ways to go about this. I recommend trying the following first:

Close the Disc 1 folder and remove the CD, keep the copied folder open. You MUST MUST MUST MUST remove the CD to do this:
Run 'autoplay' from the folder you have copied and the installation for the SIMS 2 should open. If you get lucky and it works for you, you don't have to copy steps 4-8 with the other discs, 2-4.
The installation should hopefully go through smoothly and keep asking for the physical CD's. If it still comes up with the TSdata thing then you need to copy the rest of the CDS, steps 4-8.

FYI: This should also work for any of the other expansion packs for the Sims 2. This does not work for the Sims 1 or the Sims 3, if you need help with those you can message me.

Disclaimer: It is illegal to post any of the files on the Sims 2 CDs onto the internet or send them to someone else, so no I can not send files to you.

Back