Sims 2 Failed to find any direct x 9.0c graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been trying to work out how to play my sims 2 game. Everytime i go to open the game the sims 2 screen comes up then an message appears stating:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible adapters in this system please make sure you have a direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adapter abd have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for direct x 9.0c from the microsoft website and the game still will not work can any body please help me.

Cheers

Ash

Hi,

After follwing a link and following the instructions posted i have found that in the direct x diagnostic tool under the display tab all areas under device are marked n/a and all areas under drivers is marked n/a and all direct x features are marked not available. can some please assist me in fixing this so i can play my games.

Thankyou

Try updating your video card's driver to the latest version from the video card manufacturer. DirectX will only be as good as the video card driver you installed. You didn't list what computer model or video card you are using, so I can't help you more.

I have updated my Galxy GE force 8400gs video card with the latest updates from the Nvidia website. After follwing a link and following the instructions posted i have found that in the direct x diagnostic tool under the display tab all areas under device are marked n/a and all areas under drivers is marked n/a and all direct x features are marked not available. i have also updated the direct X from the microsoft website but it still showing N/A in all feilds. I have a compaq presario SR5160AN Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back