Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff Installation failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, sorry if this problem has already arisen and been answered, I tried to go through as many Sims 2 related threads befor posting but couldn't find an answer.

I have had Sims 2 since it came out and have had no problems with it on my laptop, but I cannot add the recently purchased addition Family Fun Stuff. It installs fine, but then says it has to check that the base game is updated and requires Disc 4 of the original game. When I put this disc in, it says something about being unable to copy, installation failed and uninstalls the new pack. I read in the manual that problems with installation may be to do with firmware of the disc drive needing to be updated, so I tried to do this by going to Device Manager via the Control Panel and automatically searching for online updates, but it says that no updates are required. I've got an Acer Aspire 3680 if that helps, and no Sims expansions packs, just the basic game.

Does anyone know what disc drive updates to get and where from or if there is another reason for this installation failure?

I could really do with some help installing this as my niece brought it out of her own money as she likes to play Sims on my laptop when I babysit her. She doesn't know I'm having problems with it yet, so if I can get this up and running before I next babysit it would be great! In other words: Help!

Try installing the most recent graphics driver available for your laptop. Get that from the Acer website. Also, install any patches for the original game if you haven't already.

I also have an Acer Aspire, I can run Sims 2 + expansions and Sims 3 fine. Could you give me the system specs from your laptop?

RAM, CPU, Graphics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back