TechSpot

Sims 2 Keeps Freezing

By audreykiins
Feb 21, 2009
  1. So I just bought the Sims 2 and installed it on my new laptop. I am able to play it for 10 minutes, then it freezes. It has done this everytime I have attempted to play. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Please help! =/

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

3. audreykiins

audreykiins TS Rookie Topic Starter

i really don't know much about computers. if you could please tell me how to find out the information then i'll be able to provide you with it.

4. audreykiins

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 1525
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A16
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 2038MB RAM
    Page File: 1233MB used, 3082MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

does this help?

5. Route44

Is your video a separate card or is it onboard and if so what is the make and model?. Also, try playing the game with your antivirus, firewall, etc. disabled (and don't forget to enable them before going back online!).

Does this disabling help?

6. audreykiins

no unfortunately the disabling did not help. =/ sorry but again i really don't know much about computers so i can't tell you if my video is a separate card or if ts onboard.

7. Route44

Did your laptop come with an owners manual. It should tell you what kind of graphics you have.

Try this. Uninstall the game. Reboot your laptop and disable your security software. Reinstall the game and reboot. Does this help?

8. audreykiins

sorry for responding so late. the disabling did not help even after rebooting and uninstalling.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.