Sims 2 Keeps Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

audreykiins

So I just bought the Sims 2 and installed it on my new laptop. I am able to play it for 10 minutes, then it freezes. It has done this everytime I have attempted to play. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Please help! =/

i really don't know much about computers. if you could please tell me how to find out the information then i'll be able to provide you with it.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 1525
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A16
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1233MB used, 3082MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

does this help?

Is your video a separate card or is it onboard and if so what is the make and model?. Also, try playing the game with your antivirus, firewall, etc. disabled (and don't forget to enable them before going back online!).

Does this disabling help?

no unfortunately the disabling did not help. =/ sorry but again i really don't know much about computers so i can't tell you if my video is a separate card or if ts onboard.

Did your laptop come with an owners manual. It should tell you what kind of graphics you have.

Try this. Uninstall the game. Reboot your laptop and disable your security software. Reinstall the game and reboot. Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back