Sims 2 pets doesn't recognize DircectX?

I recently got a new computer & I installed my Sims games on it. I get an error saying that Sims 2 has failed to find any compatible Directx 9.0 graphic adapters in my system when trying to run the game. I installed Directx twice & it still didn't work.. I then tried changing the Compatibility mode & now it's saying to put Disc 1 in, when its already in? Help please? :(

right click on the sims 2 icon on the desktop>in the target line, go all the way to the end of the line, put in a space after the " exe "-w" without the quotes. Now rerun the game. You should be able to play.
and also you cant try to update your graphics card to the latest driver

right click on the sims 2 icon on the desktop>in the target line, go all the way to the end of the line, put in a space after the " exe "-w" without the quotes. Now rerun the game. You should be able to play.
and also you cant try to update your graphics card to the latest driver

I tried that, also, but it didn't work ethier. Thank you for your help, though.
Do you know anything else I can do?

I think you are misinterpreting the error message. It is not saying it can't find DirectX. It is saying it can't find a graphic adapter that's compatible with DirectX. In other words your graphics card/video card doesn't appear to meet the minimum requirements of the game. What graphics card do you have?

Back