Sims 2 Uni won't install

By Gadzooks
Jan 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ok so previously I downloaded a torrented version, of all the expansion packs including the base game, for University, it gets to 75% and then come up with the message,

"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'E:\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe' from the media.

Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation?"

This happened with the Torrent version, so I gave in and went and bought them for pennies... When it arrived this morning I Installed the base game with a few exp. included, then went to install University again and the same message came up as like on the torrent install.

I thought this would sort it out, Please help as would like to get playing today,

Thanks in advance.

Rory
  2. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

"My' problem was that I downloaded' the DVD patch to Sims2 - when in reality, I had the CD version - there are 2 patches' - pick the right one."

Quote from a another website.

Hope this helps.
  3. Gadzooks

Gadzooks Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you for your response, but I actually have the Hard copy of the game not torrented...still same problem.
  4. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

I do not actually own the sims 2, im just reading other forums with people with a similar problem to yourself.

The fix I posted applies to the original version and not the pirate one, Im presuming there are 2 versions of a patch, one for the dvd version and one for the cd version.

Installing the wrong patch version seems to cause the problem you have.

Sorry I cant be more precise, I have no idea of the install order, or patches required.

Original website : http://www.modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-59393.html

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.