Sims 2 what graphics works the best to prevent confilcts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
I'm new here so I'm hoping that I'm doing this thread correctly... I have researched all day on the common D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE error that consistantly crashes my Sims 2 game, I have come to the conclusion (excuse spelling) that the error is more than likely caused by the graphics card in which i currently have. I have updated all of my drivers and sound drivers etc as explained to me by a tech support guy from EA games... I have also discovered that even though the game requirements say that the graphics card in which i have is supported that there is a known conflict with it and a few others.
Basically the information I have gathered is all pointing towards getting a different graphics card....The hard part is i need to know which one would be the most compatable as there are mixed messages out there as to which one works the best . I have googled quite a few and there seems to be problems with alot of them. I don't have alot of money to throw around but am fed up with not being able to play
[B]Details: computer make/model: HP Pavillion 061
EY921AA-ABGa155a
Processor Speed:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz (2CPUs)
Memory Amount: 1024MB RAM
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1. build 2600)
Video Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
Video Card Memory Amount: 256.0MB[/B]
I have "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, University, Apartment Life, Teen Stuff, Fashion Stuff
I really appreciate whoever can help
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back