TechSpot

Sims 2 what graphics works the best to prevent confilcts

By danion81
Feb 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys
    I'm new here so I'm hoping that I'm doing this thread correctly... I have researched all day on the common D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE error that consistantly crashes my Sims 2 game, I have come to the conclusion (excuse spelling) that the error is more than likely caused by the graphics card in which i currently have. I have updated all of my drivers and sound drivers etc as explained to me by a tech support guy from EA games... I have also discovered that even though the game requirements say that the graphics card in which i have is supported that there is a known conflict with it and a few others.
    Basically the information I have gathered is all pointing towards getting a different graphics card....The hard part is i need to know which one would be the most compatable as there are mixed messages out there as to which one works the best . I have googled quite a few and there seems to be problems with alot of them. I don't have alot of money to throw around but am fed up with not being able to play
    [B]Details: computer make/model: HP Pavillion 061
    EY921AA-ABGa155a
    Processor Speed:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz (2CPUs)
    Memory Amount: 1024MB RAM
    Direct X: Direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1. build 2600)
    Video Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
    Video Card Memory Amount: 256.0MB[/B]
    I have "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, University, Apartment Life, Teen Stuff, Fashion Stuff
    I really appreciate whoever can help
    thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.