sims- butler keeps calling over the repairman???

Status
Not open for further replies.
the butler keeps calling the repairman over one right after another and the repairman goes upstairs and walks through a door and charges the $ 50 without fixing anything??? has anyone ever come across this??? thanks
leesa

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

http://thesims.ea.com/us/support/question61.html
The repairman keeps showing up -- even when I didn’t call him -- not fixing anything, then leaving! Sometimes, he won’t even leave! What is his problem?

If a wall-mounted light fixture burns out, the repairman keeps trying to fix it. If there’s an object (table, bookshelf, etc.) directly under it, he can’t reach it to fix the bulb. Go to Buy mode and move the furniture out of his way. Or sell the burned-out light and buy a new one. This problem is corrected in a recent patch. Just go to the Start menu, under Program Files, under Maxis, under The Sims, and choose Check for patches.

Maybe updating the game could help? Or, move the phone so that butler can't call :p

re:repairman

thanks for your reply, i will try that out, hope it helps...another question,my game stops for no apparent reason, jus kinda locks up and the screens gone, any possible ideas, i have checked my putr, and everything is ok on that end..thanks...sorry guys im kinda new to this whole sims world lol
leesa

Re: re:repairman

Originally posted by leesa
my game stops for no apparent reason, jus kinda locks up and the screens gone, any possible ideas, i have checked my putr, and everything is ok on that end
Does that mean other games work fine? There are too many things that can cause lockups, but quite often the reason is wrong (or obsolete) hardware drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back