Sims2 Cd-key help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the sims 2 on my laptop and would like to download it to my computer cuzz its fraster, only prob is i dun have the cd key...is it possible to retrieve it from my laptop?

The Sims 2 code is on the back of the CD case but like nightlife,open for business,etc and those are on the back of the booklet well anyone higher than sims 2 unversity it is on the case just unv and sims 2 normal is on the case atleast thats how mine as

Well I got my sims 2 back in sept 2004 or so I think when it first came out maybe the new sims 2 are like nightlife and up as well not sure, is the new sims 2 in the black ase like nightlife and up? if so then yeah the books have he codes but mine no they prob changed the packaging overtime

It depends on what version of Sims 2 you have.

The Holiday edition, it's on a booklet included. Also, standard edition has it on the booklet. Special Edition CD and DVD have it on the back of the jewel case.

My best suggest though would be to try and export the registry keys to a file on the laptop then try merging them on the PC in question for any keys with Electronic Arts and Sims2 in them. This still may not work though as EA has a tendency to also put a bazillion hidden folders in C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data and whatnot... but worth a try.

Hello, how are u? I'm Lvin87, a new user at techspot. Can i make friend with you? And i have something to ask you, about Sims 2 CD-Key. Did you have a CD-Key for this game because i have a CD but don't have an CD-Key....
There was a big problem for me to install this game...
If you have an CD-Key for this game can you send it to me?

Correct how wouldnt your game have a code? Each game comes with a code either on the back of the booklet or on the back of the cd case. If the game came in a cardboard box most likey the code is on the back of the cd case. And if it came in a plastic case like a DVD case then most likey it is on the back of the booklet. I hope thi helps and Welcome to techspot!

Requests of CD keys from another person is pretty much the same as someone who copies a game illegaly. 1 licence per CD.

Did you buy it from a shop? if so, you should ask them for another one, even provide reciept if you have as proof of purchase.
If you bought it off the friend or its a burnt copy then give it back. Its going to be useless (and illegal) to you.

Techspot does not condone piracy.

Does it really matter if ths thread is over a year old, its beter than wasting space on the sever creating a new thread when it is about the same subject. Also it isnt always piracy I know back when I used to play sims 1 unleased I lost the code and a friend gave me their code to use. You know people can easily misplace a code or two.

my sister lost her manual and therefore the CD key. she wants to install the game on her new computer. do any of you know any way to find the CD key on the computer the game is already installed on? i have no idea which files to look in. if you can point me in the the right direction it would be really helpful. thx.

If the game is still installed on the machine, then there may be a way, although its not guaranteed to work.

Look in any game menus, help files, "about" windows etc and see if you can locate your cd key for it

Look through the registry keys. this is a hit and miss thing and might take you hours if you don't know what you're looking for, and every game puts it in different places.

try this program and look under "secrets".

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but good luck!

Lvin87 said:
Hello, how are u? I'm Lvin87, a new user at techspot. Can i make friend with you? And i have something to ask you, about Sims 2 CD-Key. Did you have a CD-Key for this game because i have a CD but don't have an CD-Key....
There was a big problem for me to install this game...
If you have an CD-Key for this game can you send it to me?

contact the manufactor of the game as we cannot supply you a cd as it's illegal

sims 2 directX9.0 Problems!!

heres my information

DirectX diagnostic Tool

(System page)

Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
system manufacturer- gateway
system model- KITTYHAWK15
BIOS- default system BIOS
Processor- Intel Celeron, ~1.1GHz
Memory- 254MB RAM
DirectX Version- DirectX9.0c (9.05.0000.0904

(Display page)

Device

Name- Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (microsoft
Manufacturer- Intel Corporation
Chip Type- Intel(R) 82815
DAC Type- Internal
Approx. Total Memory - 32.0MB
Current display mode- 1024 x 768(24 bit)(75Hz)
Monitor- Plug and play monitor

Ca u help me plz i been trien to figgure it out for the longest if u have any ideas lemme no or if u need any more information

The onboard graphics lacks transform and lighting support. In that case the minimum requirements are:
* 2.0 GHz processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP
* At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space

Your processor is way short of the minimum and your RAM is marginal. Your PC will work fine for most business applications (word processing, etc.), playing CDs and DVDs, and surfing the internet but it is not a gaming machine. You might be able to play some low demand games but Sims 2 is not one of them I think.

That said, check the Intel website for this workaround: Click here.

I have the sims 2 on my laptop and would like to download it to my computer cuzz its fraster, only prob is i dun have the cd key...is it possible to retrieve it from my laptop?

Yes, it is in the windows registry.

1) press start, press run.
2) type "regedit" into the run box.

you are now browsing the registry!

3) in the lefthand table open this directory: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\The Sims 2\ergc"

4)in the righthand table there should now be a single entry named "(default)", the data it contains is your serial key.

note: in regedit lefthand table shows directories, righthand shows contents.

bonus points:
Yes I realize I'm posting in a thread that's old as hell, but it wasn't resolved, so I thought I would help anyone who asks Google the same question that OP clearly did so many years ago. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back